My Skincare Routine [Winter Edition]

7:48 pm




Wow its been a long time since I wrote my last blog post, so much has happened over the past few months but since I'm on break I finally have time to write for this blog.

The products I use during winter here aren't only for winter weather though, so if you have very dry skin then some of the things I'll be introducing might be suitable for you. You may recognise some of the products featured here from my summer routine, as I'm still using the same cleanser, aha serum, toner, sunscreen and lip balm (some are nearly empty). Before I go on, I'll just make a ~disclaimer~ that what works for me I cannot guarantee will work for you! For reference, I have dry skin and live in a moderately humid environment (average 80% humidity). Also none of the things I use are sponsored and all purchased using ma own moneyz which is why they're mostly under $20 !! #brokeunistudent but not really since I recently scored a job at a Korean/Japanese cosmetics store :") All this ~research~ didn't get put to waste hehe.

M O R N I N G



1. Cleanser: Cosrx Low pH Good Morning Gel Cleanser, or just warm water
2. Vitamin C serum: Rohto Melano CC Intensive Anti-Spot Essence
3. Toner: Hadalabo Shirojyun Lotion
4. Hydrating serum: Hadalabo Gokujyun Premium Lotion
5. Mist: Evian facial spray
6. Sunscreen: Hadalabo UV Creamy Gel
7. Lipbalm: Nivea Repair and Protection

WHY I USE THESE PRODUCTS IN THIS ORDER

1. In the morning I do my routine after brushing my teeth, and I use the Cosrx cleanser if I feel my face is a bit sticky or just water if I'm lazy
2. The vitamin C serum should be used straight after cleansing for the best results, as it needs to be applied your skin without any "barrier" from other products. 
3. I really like the shirojyun lotion as a toner because it is ~lightly moisturising and refreshing~ and doesn't dry out my skin like a western toner.
4. The Gokujyun Premium lotion is pretty much the original gokujyun lotion on steroids because it's THICK AF and it's more like a serum than a lotion or toner despite the name of it. Basically its a more intense version. I use this instead of a thicker moisturiser in the morning because I don't have time to let creams absorb into my skin before putting on sunscreen. In summer/autumn I used Innisfree's Green Tea Balancing Lotion but I think its not moisturising enough for my dry skin in winter.
5. I use a facial mist after using the hyaluronic acid lotions because hyaluronic acid draws moisture from the atmosphere, so why not add some extra moisture into the air...not sure if it actually does much but in theory it should be doing something LOL
6.  Since I use a chemical sunscreen, I need to let it sink into my skin without any occlusive layers (eg. a thick moisturiser with occlusive ingredients) blocking its way. I'm nearly running out of my sunscreen (which I LOVE but sadly discontinued) but I think I'll replace it with either the Hadalabo UV Perfect Gel or Shiseido Senka UV Anti-Aging. Probably not a Biore sunscreen because of the high alcohol content. 

N I G H T 


1. Makeup remover: Banila Co. Clean it Zero
2. Cleanser: Cosrx Gel Cleanser
3. Use an acid or both if I have time
-Vitamin C for brightening: Melano CC Essence (wait 15 minutes)
-AHA for treating whiteheads: Mizon 8% AHA Peeling Serum (wait 15 minutes)
4. Toner: Hadalabo Shirojyun Lotion
5. Hydrating serum: Hadalabo Gokujyun Premium Lotion
6. Use sheet mask (if I have time) or Evian facial mist
7. Heavy moisturiser: Rosette Aqua Ceramide Gel
8. Lipbalm: Nivea Repair and Protection

WHY I USE THESE PRODUCTS IN THIS ORDER

1. The Clean it Zero will CLEAN OFF EVERYTHING. Even the Heroine Make Super Waterproof formula comes off easily (I recently repurchased the new version to give it another chance, it still clumps on me but I the curl holding power is amazing). Since removing makeup is so easy with this I've been doing more eye makeup now, and I also got the big tub of this as a backup! I let my best friend try using this and I've successfully converted her :~)
2. The Cosrx Gel Cleanser is a great because it has the power to remove non-waterproof makeup/sunscreen but it's very gentle and doesn't make my skin feel tight. My best friend has combination skin and it works well on her too.
3. Usually I just use one acid out of the two because of the wait times, but if I need to wait for my hair to dry then I'll use both! As I mentioned before, acids should be used on freshly cleansed skin for best results. The Mizon AHA got discontinued and I don't even know what to do after I finish this because I'm scared of Cosrx's AHA which apparently smells like death...
4. Shirojyun lotion because it's FRESH
5. Gokujyun Premium aka Magic Water on Steroids
6. I've been using sheet masks about 2-3 times a week because it helps with stress relief so well and my stress levels went through the roof for final presentations.
7. The Rosette Ceramide Gel was something I was a bit on the fence about since a lot of moisturisers I've tried ended up breaking me out but I suspect that it was because I break out from cetearyl alcohol which is commonly used in moisturisers. This ceramide gel doesn't contain cetearyl alcohol and makes my skin feel sooooo plump and bouncy and soft, which is what we all want from moisturisers right?! It does have a high amount of macadamia oil in it which is quite a strong occlusive (think shea butter level) which is why I don't use it before sunscreen. Amazing for extremely dry skin or people who have a damaged moisture barrier. 
8. I list lipbalm as a step because I used to always forget to put on lipbalm but if it's part of my routine I won't leave it out. 

Since I have already mentioned some products in my previous routine post, I will only be explaining how to use the new products in this post! If you would like some more info on the Cosrx cleanser, AHA serum, Shirojyun lotion, and sunscreen, please read my summer routine post!


MAKE UP REMOVAL: CLEANSING BALM
-Use provided spatula and scoop out a teaspoon size amount of the cleansing balm 
-Massage onto skin with moist hands
-Cleansing balm will melt your makeup (might even bring out the dead skin cells too lol)
-Rinse it off your face thoroughly (I wash it off in the shower)


VITAMIN C: MELANO CC ANTI-SPOT ESSENCE
-Use after foam/gel/milk/water cleanser
-Helps with lightening acne scars, discolouration/pigmentation, fine lines, overall brightening
-Allow 10-20 minutes for it to absorb into your skin before applying other products
-Dries up very quick so work fast with this formula!
-Comes out in a TINY lil nozzle thing but I guess thats understandable since it's for spot treatments


HADALABO SHIROJYUN LOTION, HADALABO GOKUJYUN PREMIUM LOTION
-One on the left is more like a toner, on the right is more like a serum; both called "lotion."
The Shirojyun lotion contains arbutin which helps with overall brightening; water-like consistency. I've nearly emptied this bottle but I have a new one coming in the mail~
-The Premium lotion contains 5 kinds of hyaluronic acid at different molecular sizes, great for deep moisturising; gel/syrup-like consistency. I've been using this for two months and at this rate this bottle will last me a year?!


ROSETTE AQUA CERAMIDE GEL
-Very thick ~jelly gel~
-Extremely nourishing, locks in moisture
-A little goes a long way, use a pea sized amount for full face
-Wake up with soft, supple skin after using it overnight
-Sticky and shiny so it's probably not ideal for day time use/if you're going out
-Unscented (but it does have a smell to it and I can't figure out what it is)
-Comes with spatula and holder so you don't need to dip your fingers into the tub
-Would definitely recommend to those with dry flaky skin, sensitive skin, over-exfoliated/damaged skin

Quick shout out to Cosrx's pimple patches! These are hydrocolloid bandages (like the Nexcare ones) and they help my pimples heal so much faster.
-Stick patch on pimple that looks like its ready to pop, leave overnight
-If it isn't quite ready then lance pimple with sanitized needle for the liquid to drain out before putting on pimple patch
-Peel the sucker off in the morning
-Put on another patch
-The pimple will heal within 2 days


And I think thats about it! Maybe I'll post something about my favourite masks sometime soon?
I was supposed to write a review for the Laneige cushion but I still haven't gotten round to doing that oops ;; Hopefully I can pump out a few more blog posts before I get busy when uni starts again. Oh and I hope this post was somewhat informative to you because thats the reason why I'm writing these blog posts in the first place! These are some great products that have been working well for me and maybe they'll do wonders for you too. Thanks for reading this lengthy post, stay hydrated and moisturised!! ♥

-Christina

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Powered by Blogger.

Subscribe