PETITFEE: Black Pearl & Gold Hydrogel Eye Patch Review

6:03 pm



Hello~ I mentioned this in my skincare routine but didn't go in depth of this too much and said I would post its own review, so here it is! These eye patch things seemed a bit like a gimmick (most eye creams apparently don't do much either) and lots of people were getting into these, so I tried them out to see what they're all about. 

Now for some background info on my ~designer bags~ : I have a really bad habit of sleeping late, and I've been staying up until 3-5am every day for the past 4 years. I know its really bad for my health but I'm pretty much nocturnal and its when I feel so alive LOL. Last year I pulled way too many allnighters because the torture that is Architecture School and that is probably why my dark circles got even worse than they were before T_T Also the skin around my eyes is really thin, and I have very noticeable veins showing under both my eyes. Anyway, my dark circles are pretty intense so even though my bb cream and concealer do an amazing job, I really want to lighten my under eye area so I don't need as much coverage from makeup to conceal it.


It actually came with a box and a spatula but I think my dad threw it out... and I left the spatula in the box OTL The eye patches come in this tub where you twist it open, and the amount of eye patches in the tub come up to the full height you can see in the picture above.

PRODUCT INFO
Contents: 60 pieces
Description: "Pearl rich in amino acid and minerals, Gold helps blood circulation" 
"Rich essence with green tea, mugwort, imi, tangerine tree seed, lycopodium annotinum and botanical ingredients"
Pearl extract 0.01% Gold 0.0001%
Claims to: "Purify and give bright skin tone. Provide moisture and nutrition to sensitive eye area."
[source: koreadepart
Price: $9-11USD, ~$15NZD on ebay

A couple of Acne/Irritation triggers including"carrageenan" has an acne trigger rating of  5/5, but the bad ingredients that caught my attention were alcohol and FIVE different parabens. 


The sparkly gold speckles make them look so ~luxurious~ :") The tub has a total of 60 pieces, so you can use them 30 times on both eyes! I have less than 10 pieces left after using them for nearly three months and I use these a few times a week.  The expiry after opening icon says 2M which means you should use it within 2 months after opening, but oh well, I'm nearly done with this tub anyway.


This is how it looks like applied under your eye! Use these on a clean face and leave on for at least 30 minutes, then massage the under eye area with fingers. I always use my ring fingers out of habit but literally everyone says its the weakest finger so it wont put too much pressure on your undereyes. I've seen people wear them the other way with the skinny end towards your temple but this is the way the model wears it on Petitfee's official website, so I just go with that lol. These eye patches give a really nice cooling effect and feel amazing when your eyes are tired. I find that if I put the patches too close to my eye I can feel some irritation, but this only happens with my left eye.

BEFORE & AFTER 40 MINUTES

I'm actually quite surprised myself because without seeing a side by side comparison, I could hardly tell how much it really lightened my dark circles. Don't expect these to lighten your dark circles drastically!! Like face masks, the brightening effect is only temporary, but its easy to use these as emergency dark circle help.

TL;DR ROUND UP

STRENGTHS
Good to use for relaxation
Quick undereye brightening and moisturising
They make you look like a fancy panda
Appropriate sizing and shape for anyone

WEAKNESSES
Causes irritation when placed too close to my left eye
No firming to undereye area
Warning: Contains alcohol and 5 parabens :^/

I'm not going to repurchase these but I don't regret buying them since they're like a quick fix novelty item. Thanks for reading this review and I hope this was helpful to you!! ♥ I will be flying away from home tomorrow since uni is starting soon, so this is my last post created at home. I'm not sure how often I can make more in-depth reviews like what I've done so far, but I'm definitely prioritising content quality over quantity.
[Edit: I didn't think I needed to include this but just in case you were wondering, I was not sponsored to write this review!]
-Christina





You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. It looks really nice! Unfortunately I have sensitive skin, so the parabens are a big minus :(

    TheNormcoreRebel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah they're definitely not the best for people with sensitive skin ;~; i hope something like this comes out with ingredients that are nicer for our skin!

      Delete
  2. Hi...love your review~
    Hope u can write more review on eye mask or eye patch... because I have heavy and serious black circle...I still find the ways to solve it~
    Looking forward to your review

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.

Subscribe