These masks are a little bit special

12:33 am


So I've been terrible at keeping this blog alive. But I'm back to share with you some masks that are a step above the usual Innisfree It's Real Squeeze/Etude House 0.2 Therapy/Tonymoly I'm Real varieties.

I went through A LOT of the Innisfree real squeeze masks last year not gonna lie but sometimes they're not enough. No these aren't fancy hydrogels or gold foil masks or rubber masks. (I'm looking at you Dr. Jart. cue Weightlifting Fairy WHAT sound effect why so extra???) These are masks that cost a little more per piece, but give lovely results that make them worth it to me.


INNISFREE SKIN CLINIC MADECASSOSIDE –USE THIS WHEN YOUR SKIN IS ANGRY

  • What it does: Reduces redness, soothes irritated skin, calms acne, nourishes and plumps up the skin, subtly brightens complexion, makes my skin softer & smoother than a boiled egg
  • Key Ingredient: Madecassoside
  • Other details: Very thin sheet, adheres well to face. Lots of essence but not dripping wet.
If I could only use one mask for the rest of my life it would be this one. This mask makes my skin look clear and healthy, and feel so soft, so bouncy. Its the mask I use before any ~special events~ because my skin loves it that much. When my skin feels tired, dull, congested, got pimples growing on multiple areas of my face, this mask acts as a pick me up because its most effective at healing and resetting my skin.
I highly recommend this mask to those with acne prone, sensitive skin, as it has excellent healing and soothing properties and its alcohol free. I have dry skin and it hydrates very well, but I feel like even people with oily skin may enjoy this mask too as its really refreshing.
[Back story u can ignore this: I picked this one up because I was curious madecassoside was, I mean, the picture on the packaging is a puddle of white goopy stuff. There are also BHA, Vitamin C, Hyaluronic acid, Collagen masks from the Skin Clinic line but I already have serums with those ingredients in them, so I thought I didn't really need them. But I had no idea what this was supposed to be, and my friend Google told me that madecassoside is derived from centella (which is known to be good for soothing skin and acne) and yeah the rest is history]
Price: $4.86 USD for 3 masks on ebay; $1.62 each.
BANOBAGI VITA GENIC HYDRATING JELLY –YOUR 8 GLASSES OF WATER A DAY BUT FOR YOUR FACE

  • What it does: Intensive hydration, heals a damaged moisture barrier
  • Key ingredients: “Pure oxygen water from Jeju”, niacinamide, liposome vitamins
  • Other details: Soft cotton sheet with a thick jelly essence. This mask stays wet for around 40 minutes!
This mask is the bomb if you have dehydrated skin—gives the best plumping results out of all the masks I’ve tried. It claims to use some ~fancy water from Jeju~ which honestly sounds like bullshit but hey, it works.
I highly recommend this mask to those who have dry skin but also those who have skin that lacks water. This includes people with oily skin, as this hydrates your skin to balance the oil and water ratio, it tells your skin to stop producing so much oil.
Price: $16.95 USD for 10 masks on ebay; $1.69 each.


LOVEMORE PEARL & RED PEARL BARLEY MASK –ALL ROUNDER

  • What it does: For clearer complexion, reduces redness, nourishes the skin.
  • Key ingredients: Pearl extract, red pearl barley, collagen, hyaluronic acid
  • Other details: Very thin sheet made from silk. Extremely delicate and has 2 backings to prevent it from being damaged. Have to be careful when putting on this mask because you can easily tear it. A bit of a struggle to put on since its so thin but it feels really comfortable.
When I use this mask its almost like I can feel the nutrients being fed into my skin. It doesn't richly moisturise my skin nor does it intensely brighten, but the results make me happy because it feels like my skin is healthy. Its the "no makeup makeup" of masks. I really like how this mask moisturises while healing blemishes. I can use this mask while I have acne and some clogged pores and not need to worry about them getting worse.
Price: $2.12 USD  each on ebay

LOVEMORE PEARL BARLEY & MILK – A MILK TEA LOVER’S DREAM

  • What it does: Moisturises, nourishes the outer layer of skin, brightens skin in a way that looks like porcelain. SMELLS LIKE MILK TEA.
  • Key ingredients: Pearl barley, milk protein, hyaluronic acid
  • Other details: Uses same silk sheet and pearl paper backings as Pearl & Red Barley. These masks are quite drippy but not as drippy as the My Beauty Diary masks.
This masks moisturises and brightens very effectively, and it seems like most people prefer this one over the other masks from Lovemore. I personally like the Red Pearl Barley one better because it feels ~fresher~ but I can’t deny that this mask does a great job at softening and brightening my skin.
I would recommend the Pearl & Red Barley mask to those want the skin nourishing nutrients while being lightly hydrating, brightening and healing, it does a bit of everything and it does them well. The Pearl Barley & Milk would be most suitable for those with very dry skin and need something to combat flakiness and improve skin texture.
Price: $2.12 USD  each on ebay
SKINFOOD BLACK SUGAR STRAWBERRY WASH OFF MASK –PLEASE DON'T EAT THIS

  • What it does: Gently exfoliates away dead skin, leaves skin feeling soft and smooth
  • Key ingredients: Black sugar, strawberry seed oil
This wash off mask smells edible but not quite, its like a soapy strawberry jam. Makes my skin feel suuuuuper soft and the softness lasts at least 2 days. I like to use this in the shower because I suck at rinsing it off over a sink. I apply a light layer across my face and leave it on for about 10 minutes (sometimes less if I’m impatient but the results do seem better if I leave it on for longer) The water + heat from the shower kinda melts the sugar particles so its feels less like theres chunks of sugar on your face lol. Sugar particles have a uniform shape unlike the jagged bits in that infamous apricot scrub so don’t worry about this damaging your skin!
This wash off mask seems like a fun novelty kind of product, but this is actually an effective physical exfoliator that gets the job done. It gets rid of and prevents build up of dead skin cells to unveil smooth skin, you won't stop feeling how soft your face is.
Price: $9.26 USD on ebay.

I really hope these masks work out for you but please keep in mind that your experience of using these may be different from mine since everyone has different skin!

I only just realised somehow the comments box was turned off on the blog but I've turned it back on now. I'd love any feedback from you so don't be shy to leave any thoughts you have :^) I think I'll do more reviews and recommendations, but probably no more skincare routine posts since I change it up quite often (though I repurchased and still use half the products I was using a year ago!!)

Thanks for reading and I hope you love these masks as much as I do♥

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Powered by Blogger.

Subscribe